Thursday, November 29, 2007

OUCH!

I have had a few "ouch" moments in the last few days...

First of all, I got my first flu shot on Tuesday. I decided that at the ripe old age of 59 it was probably time to join the protected masses and get immunized. The shot didn't hurt at all...but my arm continues to be sore now two days later and difficult to use without wincing. This is not a good thing when one uses ones hands and arms to create pottery for a living.

Then, while shopping the other day I suddenly found myself unable to step down on my right foot without a sharp pain shooting through the ankle area. The only way that I could walk was to go on my tip toes on that foot. Yes, I did look quite strange tip-toeing my way through the mall...but, shopping took precedence over pain, of course. : )

It is still occasionally hurting today, but I am taking it easy and not doing any exercise walking for a few more days. If there isn't any improvement in a few days I may find myself sitting in the orthopedic dr.'s office soon.

And, finally....while hurriedly leaving the grocery store two days before Thanksgiving...I drove straight home only to find that my wallet was not in my purse. (I knew that I had it at the store in that I paid with cash.)

I immediately called the store, but no wallet was to be found. Thinking that it had fallen in the parking lot one of the employees scoured it head to toe....all to no avail.

I drove back to the store to do my own search...and left empty-handed.

Like most people, I carry "my life" around in a wallet...driver's license, credit cards, insurance cards, bank cards, wholesale club cards, photos, and, of course, money.So, for the last week I have been renewing cards, making phone calls, and standing in long lines waiting to be helped.

Not really how I wanted to be spending the beginning of the holiday season.

Ouch... : O

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Oh, my, that last one really does hurt.

Somebody must not have done a very good job giving you your shot. It shouldn't hurt. And your ankle, well, the doctor here doesn't know what that can be.

You know what they say, "After 40, it's patch, patch, patch."