Monday, August 11, 2008

What a difference a few months can make....

Because it is so cold so much of the time in Minneapolis, the malls also serve as indoor playgrounds. There are sections devoted entirely to young children where they can run around and play...go down the slides....climb....sit in the little cars, etc. etc.

One time when Owen was younger, I took him to one of these indoor playgrounds...and, he had a ball.

That is

until....

...I put him in the seat of one of those cars that cost 50 cents a ride.

He seemed happy to be sitting there.....

until....

...I put the quarters in and the car began to move up and down.

At that point, his sweet little face turned into one of total fright!!! He began to cry and reach out to me to get him out of this horrifying situation...which, of course, I immediately did.

OH, I felt terrible for having "traumatized" my grandson in this way...

Well, moving ahead to this past weekend...

Adam and Jenny took him to an amusement park and he loved the rides! The proof is below...

So, maybe I didn't do any permanent "damage" that day in the mall after all....

: )

No comments: