Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's almost over?!?!?!

When did it get to be October 26? Where has the time gone? TIME...s-l-o-w d-o-w-n, please. I have so many things that I still want to accomplish...

****************************************************************

Dave and I took advantage of the incredibly beautiful fall day today and went walking on a lovely walking path not too far from my house. Humans and dogs galore were out in large numbers! One little black and white doggy had a "jester's collar" on that was orange and black and white. It looked like he was ready for Halloween.

****************************************************************

The great news about this year's presidential election is that it will soon be over! I am so ready for it to end. Please don't forget to vote November 4th. Every vote counts...especially yours!

****************************************************************

With football season in full swing, Dave has become attached to his computer and the tv. Right now he is sitting downstairs wearing one of his lucky Pittsburgh Steeler's shirts and watching them play against the New York Giants. I just heard him whistling a bit, so they must be ahead! : ) (P.S. Unfortunately, they lost...)

****************************************************************

I Skyped with Audrey today. Owen was taking a nap. Adam told me that they were already getting some frozen precipitation up there in Minnesota! Brrr. Anyway, Audrey didn't do too much....just cooed a little and kicked her legs and flailed her arms....but, it was fun seeing her just the same! What a cutie!!!! I just got a phone call from Jeffrey up in Maryland... and Celia is up so we are going to Skype in few minutes. While seeing them on webcam isn't the same as being there in person...but, it's a close second. I miss them all so.

(P.S. I got to see Celia...and, she has changed so much...she looks so much bigger and is still absolutely adorable!) : )

****************************************************************

I was so sad to see that the beautiful,young (26 yr. old) Arkansas newscaster died yesterday after being found seriously beaten in her home. Senseless! And, Jennifer Hudson's mom and brother were found shot to death in Chicago and her nephew seemingly abducted. WHY???? I'm sorry, but I will never ever understand violence...

****************************************************************

On a happier note....As the weather gets cooler I find myself making heartier foods. Right now I have a huge pot of chili on the stove simmering. Add a little shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream and you've got a meal! Oh, and don't forget the corn bread! Well, now I have made myself very hungry. So, I will end here. : )

1 comment:

Granny Annie said...

We are enjoying this beautiful weather also. This morning's walk was cancelled however due to our first freeze last night. My poor chickens were all huddled together on the roost.

My son and two of our grandchildren were here this weekend and I enjoyed cooking and watching movies with them after they helped us. The boys helped Ron build the front porch and my granddaughter helped me organize my pantry.

Yep, the news is so sad and violent crime is harder and harder to understand as we quickly forget the victims and direct all our attention to the criminal.