Friday, June 15, 2012

$235,000.00?

A government report came out saying that a "middle income family with a child born last year will spend about $235,000.00 in child-related expenses from birth through age 17".

I found that interesting in that I think that my grandchildren are already worth a million dollars at least! : )
*******************************************
My floors were sanded, stained, and polyurethaned this week.  I spent the night out at Dave's for a couple of nights to escape the fumes and dust.
Now I have the fun task of cleaning everything up and putting things back where they belong...It is amazing how much dust can accumulate when floors are sanded.  There is sawdust in every nook and cranny.
I am way too old to be dealing with this.... : )
******************************************
Our local newspaper is going to cut back from 7 days to only three.  The other four days we are encouraged to go to the paper's online site.
There is something so nice about getting my morning paper, sitting at my kitchen counter, having breakfast, and slowly perusing the news.  I will miss that experience.
Reading the paper online just isn't the same....
Modern technology is really affecting our lives, isn't it? I imagine that this is just the tip of the iceberg as we must deal with computers taking over many aspects of our lives.
I remember when I was young and "old people" would talk wistfully about the "good ole days".  I am beginning to understand what they meant now that I have joined the "old person population".
*sigh*
*****************************************
Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Susan Adcox said...

As the product of a newspaper family, I think it's sad that so many newspapers are in financial trouble. I, too, love reading the newspaper with coffee and breakfast. Our small-town paper has cut back to five issues a week. Thank good I still have a major area newspaper that I enjoy reading. Warren Buffett is buying up newspapers. Maybe the Oracle of Omaha will figure out how to save the newspaper industry!