Thursday, February 01, 2007

Well, in a continuing effort to "work my brain" these days I have signed up for a new "mental capacity enhancing" daily email. Besides doing the Jumble word puzzle, I now receive the Doctor Dictionary "Word of the Day"! Today was the first one and the word is "pellucid". It means transparent, clear, as well as easily understandable. And, who said that blogs aren't educational?

Gizmo has a new favorite place to snooze. As soon as I get into bed and get situated, she begins her climbing routine. I sleep on my side, so she climbs over my hips....gets to the other side of me....and then turns around and heads back. This continues for several minutes until she finds her "spot". Lately, that "spot" has been right up there on my hip. She precariously balances herself there and gets comfy. I think that she feels like king of the mountain there. Whatever it is, I must admit that it is not my favorite place for her to nod off! I don't dare move, even slightly, as that would throw her off kilter....Oh, what I do for that cat!

Watching American Idol at the Birmingham tryouts reinforced my feelings about living in the South. One couldn't help but notice how polite the contestants were even after being slammed by the judges! We are a kinder, gentler "people" here, y'all know that?? (imagine that being said in a slow Southern drawl, y'hear?)

Enough of my musings for today...I have things to do.

DID I TELL YOU THAT I AM GOING TO SEE MY KIDS AND GRANDSON TOMORROW???????

Just wondering if I had mentioned that before....????!!!!! : ) : ) : ) : )

2 comments:

Moobear said...

I am so happy for you Grammie. Enjoy Owen and all your family and friends. After all the preparations you are making, you might outta rest up a bit. :)
Have fun my friend!

Gattina said...

I dropped in to see how you managed with the logo. It looks nice ! There are quite a few of us who have it on their blogs. I have to laugh about your sleeping description, can you imagine I have two of them with me ! One usually besides my head and the other besides my bottom ! And he gets angry when I move !