Friday, June 23, 2006

The Great Grandparents

...After getting a comment from my Dad on my blog, it made me start thinking. So, what was it like for my parents when they were awaiting the birth of my first child, their first grandchild?

Just like Adam and Jenny, I was living far from home so they didn't have the pleasure of sharing my pregnancy on a day to day basis. Of course, the Internet was just something that no one had heard of yet....so, the only communication was via phone. And, that phone was not portable....and certainly not cellular.

While I know that a grandson is about to be born.....they didn't know the sex of the baby until the doctor exclaimed, "It's a boy!" after the birth.

But as I look as these pictures, I see the same joy on their faces as I am feeling inside in anticipation of Buddha's arrival. I have actually studied their pictures as I think about them being around the age I am now. And, so it goes....the circle of life... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.