Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Introspection....

I woke up this morning feeling a little introspective. You know that feeling when thoughts are running through your mind without abandon and you can't seem to stop them? I was thinking about all that is ahead in life for Adam, Jenny, Jeffrey and Janet....and, Baby Buddha....so many life experiences! Having lived through the times that they are now in, I sometimes want to pass on all of my 'knowledge' (ha!) to them so that they may avoid some of the mistakes that I made. But, the truth is that they will make their own mistakes....they will find some bumps in the road....and they will grow from them just as I have. Sometimes I wish that I could go back in time knowing what I now know. That would be too easy, I guess....and what would I really learn if I had figured things out before they occurred? What makes life most meaningful is experiencing the mystery of it all....not really knowing what is around that corner. So, I will have to be content knowing that I can only sit back and watch them go through Life's many wonderful challenges on their own.....but, always knowing that I am here for them if they need me. And, of course, Life is filled with incredible daily joys, delights, and adventures that they have yet to experience. Being able observe my children having all of those moments is one of my greatest pleasures in being a mom. One thing that I know for sure is that we each are our own captain as we steer our way through Life. It is our responsibility to make sure that we take control of our own futures. Star Jones said it best yesterday, "I'm not sure what the future holds, but I am absolutely sure who holds the future."

2 comments:

Moobear said...

Just a tid bid for you. Star is from a small town about 4 miles from me called Badin, North Carolina. Also, if you watched American Idol this year, our very own Albemarle native, Kellie Pickler, will co-host The View on Monday's show. Thought I would share that bit of "important stuff" with ya.
God Bless!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.