Monday, June 26, 2006

Oh Maya....

Ah...sharing the joy! This morning I was delighted to have received some incredibly adorable pictures of little Maya....Sharon and Gary's granddaughter. I am one of the fortunate ones who has made the "Cutter Family Photo Mailing List" and I cannot tell you how honored I feel. Maya is the daughter of Todd and Ana and lives in beautiful Costa Rica. Her cousin, Liana, also lives near there with Scott and Gisella...and, is equally as cute and precious! (will include pix of her when I get some new ones!) Maya has this wonderful glow about her that just makes you smile....and that is exactly what I did when I awoke to these newest shots of her. While they get there as often as they can....I know that Sharon and Gary would love to have these little angels living closer. Of course, I tell Sharon all of the time that getting to Costa Rica from Bham is actually easier than getting to Minnesota to see my kids. It is actually the same amount of air travel time ( approx. 4 hours)....I just have to spend a lot of the day getting there...while they can fly non-stop. That all being said, we still have the commonality of too much distance coming between us as far as our kids go. As a parent this is part of the process of 'letting go' and cheering your kids on as they find their own way in the world...even if it means that they are in another town.....or (gulp) another country. No one said that it would be easy...but you get through it with all of the modern technology that is in our hands today....and share the joy via electronic means until another trip can be planned. Who knew that a little computer chip could lessen the enormity of 'distance' and bring us closer to the ones we love (and miss)? Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.