Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Pipdom?

Dave affectionately (I think!) calls me "Pip", "Pippi", or "Pipster" because he feels that I have a lot of Pollyanna-ish characteristics. I do agree that I love and appreciate the simple pleasures in my life....and I do tend to have a lot of enthusiasm and passion....

However, I can also have my down moments and occasional feelings of gloom and doom when 'reality' hits me hard. These times don't last long....thank heavens.

He says that while he sees everything in black and white....I see everything in colors. I guess that is the artist in me, but, in my opinion, it is a great way to see the world.

Thus, I say, "What's wrong with that kind of outlook?" So what if I spend my days with a little bit of a rose-colored haze around me? Is it really a problem to try to find the good in people instead of seeking out their dark side?

Call me crazy but I honestly don't see anything wrong with bursting into song at the most inane times... I would rather spend my days being kind to people around me and making them feel good. I love the positive energy that I derive from that. Hugs are priceless to me as well as a simple smile.

I get so much pleasure in this incredible world around me....or, as Dave calls it, "Pipdom". Agree?....Welcome to my world.

No comments: