Friday, August 18, 2006

An "aaagh" kind of morning!

I hope that my early morning is not indicative of how my day is going to be....

Falling asleep last night, I was awakened by a phone call around 4 in the morning. As I crawled my way to the phone and finally answered the call....the party hung up. About ten minutes later the phone rang again....this time I got a woman's voice asking for information that I could not understand nor help her with. aaagh

At this point I tried to get back to sleep but my mind started racing and I was pretty much wide awake. aaagh I laid there thinking about everything....covering every possible topic...I think that I may have even worked out a plan for World Peace (!).

Finally, I found myself getting a little sleepy.......but then Gizmo hopped up on the bed with a few loud meows looking for some attention. I guess that cats can't tell time.

Drowsiness took over again shortly thereafter but was abruptly interrupted by the neighbors barking dogs. You know, I have now realized that there is a certain rhythm to a barking dog. I know. I listened to it for quite a while. I guess that dogs can't tell time either! aaagh

Giving up on sleep, I decide to make a call to Sears helpline to get some help concerning a little issue with my new cooktop. It is something that I can do myself...but I might need some parts. I get one of those "wonderful" voice prompts where you have to scream the answers to their computerized questions!!! aaagh

For some reason, the voice prompt misunderstands me and begins to prompt me with questions about my new DRYER!! aaagh I'm then trying to correct this by screaming back into the phone "cooktop! cooktop!" This must have confused the prompter even more because I somehow ended up with a service appointment scheduled for August 22 between 8-12. aagh aagh aagh

Maybe I should just go back to bed...but first I need to call the White House with my new plan for World Peace! : )

No comments: