Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Home again....

Well, I am back in "Sweet Home Alabama" after my wonderful two weeks with the kids and Owen. : )

I knew that reentry would be difficult, but waking up this morning and not being able to hold my new grandson hit me like a ton of bricks.

I am sure that it will get easier as the days go by and I get back into my routine. It was time for the Jenny and Adam to get into their own rhythm without my presence and assistance.

I'm not really that concerned about their adjustment...they are naturals....But, what is a grammie to do? I guess that my cat, Gizmo, will just have to get used to some extra 'mothering' from me.

I don't think that she will mind too much.

A little purring is good for the soul...

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Moobear said...

Welcome home grammie and I know you miss Owen, but Jenny and Adam will do fine. Our mothererness never goes away and I am sure with a grandchild it gets refreshed and starts all over again.

God Bless!

Jana said...

well, they're fine for now, he's small, not moving and not saying much... Time will tell!! Of course we made it, so they should do ok too. I still think that boy is a naturally built runner !! Just look at them legs! WOW!! Are there runners in his family on either side?
Great time to get back into the clay work, and of course dress Gizmo in some baby clothes and hug him really tight!!!
And WELCOME HOME!! We missed you!

Jana said...

Oh by the way, did Jennie ever figure out how to collapse that stroller?
My daughter's has a red toggle up on the grab-handle that has to be flipped, then has a red doo-dad on the side that has to be released, and flat down it goes.

L. said...

I had to laugh when I read about the toggles on the handle and the doo-dad on the side....it sounds like they both have the same stroller! No, we never really figured it out...but, my son can do it...so we just let him collapse it. : )
As far as runners in the family...his dad ran cross country for a while...so, maybe that is where Owen's legs come from! He is such a cutie!
Thanks, as always, for your comments...and your sweet "welcome home" messages!!!!