Monday, November 20, 2006

Gobble, Gobble

I think that my mind is on overload.

Last night could have fit the words of an oldie, but goodie song from my generation: "Tossin' and a turnin' all night!" I'm not sure what the problem was, but I just couldn't get to sleep....and then when I did, I kept waking up.

But,

I need to get energized as I have a full day ahead of me because tomorrow morning at 7:40 a.m. (yawn) I will by flying to St. Louis to spend Thanksgiving with my son, Adam, his wife, Jenny....Jenny's family and......OWEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

As you can imagine, I cannot wait to get that little grandson of mine in my arms again. I know that he has changed so much in the past few weeks and has become quite animated and much more aware of his surroundings. The last video that I saw of him showed him laughing and cooing as well as flailing his arms and legs in joy!

I am counting the minutes until tomorrow....but for now I have so much to do to get ready to leave...including a ton of laundry and, of course, packing. Half of my packing involves little gifts for everyone....I hope that I don't go over the weight allowance!!! Dave will be joining me up there on Thursday morning, so I told him to be prepared to squeeze some of my things into his suitcase. As you can imagine, he was thrilled by that. He always makes fun of how much I travel with anyway.... : )

Before I end, I did want to wish all of my special blogging friends a wonderfully joyous Thanksgiving. I hope that you are all surrounded by loved ones this week as you count your blessings....I know that I will be counting mine.

Have fun and don't eat too much!

: 0 (I will be back late Saturday night...)

3 comments:

Moobear said...

Oh grammie have a wonderful and safe trip. Enjoy Owen! I hope you also have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and return safely home to us, your blogging family!


God Bless!

Clara....in TN said...

I know you are excited to get to see Owen again. Have a safe flight and a happy time with your family. Mine are coming home, so I will be cooking from now until then.
Send us some more pictures of Owen ASAP.

Gattina said...

You surely will enjoy it ! And seeing little Owen again, I think I don't have to wish you a nice week-end, you will have it.
Re comments : You know somebody explained to me in my first blogger days, that I should "leave a mark" (I thought about some cats) because it nice for the person to read that somebody appreciates what you write. Otherwise most of the people think, that nobody reads them and this is sad too. So that's why I always put at least a few words. Not to get "Traffic" as a lot of people do ! Anyway I hate this word ! Thank you for your comment !