Sunday, November 19, 2006

Missing them (and the laughter) already....

In going through some of the pictures from the reunion, I can't help but break out in a smile thinking about the great time we all had. One of my high school friends put it best when she said that it was "...a few days of non-stop laughter".

Sometimes I think that we all take life way too seriously and there is nothing like bursting out in side-splitting laughter to change the course of things.

I know that there have been many studies about the benefits of merriment in our lives. I truly believe them to be valid as I know that anything that feels that good has to be beneficial.

Ironically, while in Florida eating Chinese food with the family one night, I had the following in my fortune cookie. "Hearty laughter is a good way to jog internally without having to go outdoors."

Go and have a good laugh on me today!

: )

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being an interested onlooker to life itsownself, I have a question, speculative in nature: In six months, how many of the school mates with whom you've exchanged email addresses will you still be in touch with?

Reunions are to me reminiscent of family funerals. You see people you haven't seen or spoken to in years, with whom you only share a cerain 'coincidence' and with whom for the brief time you are together you hug and talk deeply, pledge allegiance and fealty, and then you get home and forget all about them because, at heart, you're not really in their lives anymore.

But hey, that's just my cynicism and jaundiced eye looking at things.

Incidentally, we're sending the check tomorrow. But no hurry. You have fun at Thanksgiving.

L. said...

Well, Mr. Cynic...as I look through my rose-colored glasses : )I see continuous contact with my old classmates!

I do understand what you are saying, but I am determined to keep up with the small group that I reconnected with.

Stay tuned...
And, you have a nice Thanksgiving yourself.

Gattina said...

No wonder that this Banana guy is not able to keep contacts with people ! How could a sane person be friend with such a pot pisser (excuse my french) !

I just wanted to tell you that I had a similar experience on saturday. We were invited by a friend whom I know since 1965 and who lives with his family a few streets away from us. He had invited all people I haven't seen anymore since at least 15 or 20 years and I can tell you, my belly hurt next day from laughing and we surely will see each other again. That's for sure ! Even if this provokes jalousy to some people who like bananas !

Anonymous said...

Ms. Gattina, I hope you're as ready to criticize this Grammie woman as you were me!

The nerve of this Grammie! First she says she's capable or understanding what I was talking about! As if!!

Then she talks about her determination! That's tantamount to saying she has the power to control the future! Rubbish, I tell you! Absolute rubbish! Everyone knows that the life is best lived as if one were seated in a rudderless boat caught in a rapids; one should just hang on, endure the ride and try to enjoy the scenery.

And finely, she has the gall, the unmitigated gall!, to tell to issue me orders! As if she were in charge of life its ownself! She commands me to stay tuned and to have a nice thanksgiving!! Who does she think she is, the Queen of the Universe?!?"

I certainly hope you'll issue the appropriate judgment posthaste and forwith. Or is it forwith and posthaste? Or Fort Worth and Post Toasties?

And on top of that, you should cut me some slack, Gattina, as I am only 14 years old...