Monday, December 11, 2006

A Big Day for Little Owen

It's Monday... and Owen is about to start a new adventure.

With Mommy and Daddy back at work, he will start his sojourn into the world of daycare today.

I am filled with anxieties about this next step...so, I can only imagine how his parent's are feeling.

Fortunately for Adam, the daycare is right there where he is working. They have an incredible daycare program and they were lucky to get Owen in when they did. They, along with so many other employees, get their names on a waiting list as soon as they find out they are expecting. And, of course, Owen has already been there with Adam and Jenny to meet his caretaker and see his new surroundings.

As long as he is kept warm, loved, fed, and changed, Owen will be absolutely fine. In fact, I am sure that he will thrive in this new 8-5 "home"...but the bigger adjustment will be on the part of all of us. In my previous post about life being a balance between holding on and letting go, I personally remembered the difficult feeling of watching my boys growing up and going out on their own. While Owen is only 3 and 1/2 months old, those feelings are just as real...and just as emotionally arduous for his new parents.

My heart goes out to all three of them today.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Moobear said...

He has grown so much grammie and such a pretty boy. I know he will do well. I think child care is great. Mine went to the Child Development Ctr and by the time they started first grade they were already ahead of the homed kids and had already learned all about sharing, being kind and respective of others,etc.It was not easy when they were Owen's age as you well know. But in the big picture, it will be so benefical overall to Owen.
Hope you are doing well. Have missed ya, so good to see your post today my friend.

Anonymous said...

I was worried, too, so I called Dr. Laura to ask for some advise to pass along to you.

She wouldn't take my call, but her screener said that the best possible solution in THE ENTIRE WORLD! was to get an illegal alien nanny. That way they'd save a ton of money, there'd always be a pot of beans on the stove and Adam would soon be bilingual.

Hey, you're welcome! Just trying to help out here.

Gattina said...

Don't worry ! He will be fine ! I put our son in day care when he was 4 months old and he just loved it. When he was 7 or 8 months old he played so much with the other kids, that he almost were disappointed when I picked him up. And so it was during his whole childhood. They love to be amongst other babies !

L. said...

Thanks, ladies, for your supportive comments about Owen's first daycare experience! All went well, and the caretakers said that he smiled a lot and seemed to be happy to be there.

What am I going to do with you, Bert?
: )

Clara....in TN said...

He certainly looks happy. It's so much harder on the parents and grammies that it is on him!! Been there and done that!!!!