Friday, December 08, 2006

Computer update?!

I was a world traveler yesterday without leaving my computer desk.

After spending most of my morning on the phone with AOLTechACA ("Achilles") as well as "Anshul" (Microsoft) from New Delhi, India....I then got to know all about "Henry"(Dell), from Manila in the Philippines, in the evening! In between, I "visited" with a technician from Kodak Easy Share as well...but, I didn't catch where she was calling from! I'm sure that it was somewhere interesting and probably warmer than it is here today!

I wish that I could tell you that I enjoyed the trip, but it was a slow, frustrating process for us all. I did find it pretty amazing last night when Dell was able to actually work my computer for me (with my permission of course) when I went to the "remote mode". I sat at my front row seat and observed the painstaking process. My computer was soooo slow that at one point I actually got up and poured myself a glass of wine and got a little pre-dinner snack. Such entertainment! Unfortunately, Henry couldn't join me because, although it was 6 pm here in Bham, it was only 8 in the morning in Manila. He had been working all night and was about to get off when my call arrived...So, I really shouldn't complain.

Bottom line is that my printer is now working again...but the error messages and freezing up are still occurring during my very slow shutdown.

Bert, you asked about my anti-virus program---it is Norton....and I have two spyware programs working as well as firewall protection. A virus may have started some of my issues....but, it seems as there are other demons lurking in my computer causing me problems.

I am going to try and be patient today...but it does seem that the more that the techs had me do yesterday, the worse the situation became. Hmmm.

Well, today's another day.

Take care and stay warm if it is chilly where you are.... : )

No comments: