Sunday, December 31, 2006

Good-bye 2006

2006.

a phenomenal year.

My first grandson, Owen, came into the world...

I never realized the overwhelming emotions that this little bundle of joy could bring to my life.

In his sweet face I see the future.

In his bright eyes I see dreams and aspirations.

In his smile I see hope.

In his little shoulders I see an inner strength.

I see optimism in him as he explores and learns more each day.

I am confident that he will see cures for many diseases in his lifetime.

I pray for a peaceful world for him to grow up in.

I am hopeful that the country's resources will still be plentiful for him, his children, and his children's children....

I wish for him clear eyes that can see into other's hearts.

I desire a world for him where prejudice and hatred do not exist.

I yearn for him to always feel that he is loved.

As the clock strikes midnight I will be making a toast to little Owen and all of my innumerable blessings....my sons, their wives, Mom, Dad, and all of my family, Dave, and my incredibly dear friends.

I can't wait to see what 2007 has in store for us all...

Happy, Healthy, and PEACEFUL New Year,

Grammie : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Same for you too, Grammie.