Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy Holidays

As I get ready to head of town again, I have started to check off all of the items on my list.

My bags are packed.

I've given Gizmo extra love as she is already sulking.

I've delivered all of my holiday 'goodies'.

I've printed my boarding pass.

I'm up to date on my bill paying.

I've reminded my dear neighbor that I am leaving in the morning.

I've checked out the weather at all of my destinations.

I guess that I am ready to go?

The routine of leaving can be exhausting, but it helps me have peace of mind to know that I have taken care of everything here at home.

I am not sure how much computer time I will have while away, so, just in case, I want to use this post to wish all of you a happy, healthy, joyous holiday filled with family, love and warmth.

If you are traveling, be safe as you head to your various destinations.

If you are staying at home, relax and enjoy the simple comforts around you.

Let's all pray for a peaceful 2007...a year that sees an end to war, hatred, intolerance, prejudice and violence...and instead let it be a year filled with hope, understanding, sensitivity, charity, compassion, and love.

It can happen, it just needs to start one person at a time. We can each make a difference...

So, whatever you celebrate this time of year....I am sending best wishes to you all for a Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas, or Happy Kwanzaa! : )

Love and hugs, Grammie

3 comments:

Moobear said...

The same to you Grammie! I hope you have traveling mercies and have a wonderful time the entire time you are gone. We will be here when you return.
Have fun, take care and be careful.

Anonymous said...

Wherever you go, there you are. It's great how that works out. Have as much fun as you can surround.

What did you get for Hanukkah? I can sing the dradle song, but only if I have the words and music in front of me.

Jana said...

Hope you made it there safe and are having a great holiday visit with family and friends. I was hoping you didn't get stuck in Denver!!
Take care, be well and I'm looking forward to pictures of Owen's first holiday!!