Monday, January 29, 2007

5 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to remain calm, cool and collected (ha!) but....

My children are coming home for a visit in 5 days!

My two "big boys", my two daughters-in-love, and my one "little boy", OWEN : ) : ) : ) will be descending upon my fair city in a matter of days!

So, you will need to put up with me and my unbridled excitement for the next several days or so as I await their visit. My posting may be a bit erratic as I prepare for the big weekend!

Dave helped me assemble the "bouncy chair" yesterday...Again the realization and explanation of why babies happen when you are young... Even with clear instructions and all of the parts before us, we had to do some putting together and then taking apart several times before the two "geniuses" were able to get it assembled correctly. (In all honesty, Dave did much better with it when I wasn't helping, of course.)

The diapers and "wipers" are purchased (I did return 80 of the 120 that I overbought!! Now I have a much more reasonable 40...). : )

A few new toys are awaiting his arrival. Word has it that he is starting to teethe so I purchased some toys that are made to be "gummed". I especially love the little toy I got that "sings" the ABC's over and over and over and over and over....again...without any way to stop it. What was I thinking? I better have some wine on hand for this visit.... : 0

The stroller has been set up and is ready to go. Even though the strollers of today are quite sophisticated, I went with an oldie, but goodie...the lightweight and affordable umbrella stroller. It will be a good thing to have here at my house for these visits. While it doesn't have all of the fancy doodads on it, it still serves its purpose...carrying precious cargo!

Jeffrey, Janet, Adam and Jenny-get ready for some good hugging!

And, my dear, sweet OWEN, Grammie is ready for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurry.

1 comment:

Clara....in TN said...

You remind me of myself...the first time my first grandson visited my house. I made a HUGE banner and hung it over the back deck.....It said "RYAN, WELCOME TO GRAMMAS HOUSE".
Have fun ...He is so cute!!!!