Saturday, January 13, 2007

The cold air is coming in !!

In Minnesota, the temperature dropped to 24 below zero around dawn Friday in Hallock, in the state's northwestern corner, the National Weather Service said. Winds up to 25 mph made it feel closer to 40 below zero in much of western Minnesota.

I was just reading the news this morning on the computer and copied the above quote about the weather in Minnesota.

So much for global warming!!! : 0

Even though my kids live in a more southern section of Minnesota, I imagine that they must still be getting chilly temps this morning!

Ironically, the pictures that I had decided to post today were of a recent snow that they had there. Adam had taken these shots in his backyard and I thought that they were definitely 'blog-worthy'. I love how he captured the beauty of the snow day. My favorite one is where you see the tree shadow.

For those of you who have already seen enough snow this season to last a lifetime (like my friend, Tony, in Colorado!), sorry. But, for those of you who probably won't be seeing any of the white stuff in their cities this winter....enjoy the photos! : )

We are even due to get some very cold temperatures here in Birmingham by the first of next week (even though it is in the 70's today!)! Of course words like "icy conditions" , "freezing rain", and sleet have been quietly uttered by our local meteorologists... and that can't be good. I guess that I better be careful what I wish for....

Well, wherever you are, stay warm and enjoy the rest of the weekend! : )

1 comment:

Bert Bananas said...

Global weather. It's my personal belief that it's all the car dealerships leaving their lights on at night is what's causing the slight increase in average yearly temperatures.

This will probably be on the final... you've been warned.