Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Raisinets, again

Before glazing my latest batch of newly-fired pottery, I headed out to do a few errands yesterday. I thought that I'd get out before "The Big Chill" arrived in our city with dropping temperatures.

My first stop was Michael's to get a few new supplies for my clay work. I could spend hours in that store! As I walk the aisles my mind goes into "creative mode" thinking about all of the projects that I could do. I grabbed a little froggy door hanger that was on sale as I thought about making a "Ssssh! Owen is asleep" thing to alert everyone when he was sleeping during his visit to Bham. I am like a Grammie on speed when it comes to my little Owen's impending visit. The car seat is already installed in the car (now named the "Grammie Mobile"!) and the little "Pack and Play" bed is partially set up in the extra room. Do you think that I am a bit excited, or what?!

Anyway, I digress.

After purchasing some paint brushes and other supplies, I went to the check-out counter. Right before reaching the cashier I spotted a grouping of assorted candy out in front of me. My eyes immediately went to the bag of Raisinets hanging there looking at me longingly. (See the previous post about my love affair with this chocolate-covered raisin candy where I began stabbing the package in my car to get it open!) I took a deep breath and proceeded with the check-out ignoring this craving for these chocolate morsels. As I got into my car, I was proud of myself for not giving in to this little obsession of mine.

I ran into Target for a quick item purchase...only to be confronted with an enormous Valentine candy display. I tried to ignore it, but, of course, there were my favorite Raisinets in a Valentine decorated bag. Thinking about trying to cut out sweets to keep my weight under control, I hurriedly move past the display. ....phew...

On to my last stop, Best Buy, to purchase some more memory for my camera. Memory card in hand, I head to the cashier. Again I am face to face with an appealing display of candy and, yep, Raisinets. The temptation was just too much at this point. Clutching the delectable bag of Raisinets in my hand, I proceed to the check-out area.

I head to my car and barely get inside before I am ripping open the bag and devouring half of it's contents!

I must confess that when I got home, I finished off the rest of the bag.

"Hi, my name is Grammie, and I am a Raisinet-aholic".....

4 comments:

Moobear said...

LOL grammie, I enjoyed your post so much today. A happy raisenette grammie, that is just what you are. :) I am glad you are sharing your joy with us.

Bert Bananas said...

Snickers.

L. said...

Snickers? No way, Bert.
Raisinets are so much better!
: )

Clara....in TN said...

I hadn't even thought of Raisinets in 20 years and after I read your post, I was in Walmart and what was jumping into my cart???? a bag of raisinets...oh well, maybe a few will be alright! They ARE scrumpious!