Monday, February 05, 2007

The Aftermath

Dropping Adam, Jenny, Owen, Jeffrey and Janet off at the airport today filled me with sadness. The saying: "Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." ran through my mind as I sent them all on their way back to their homes in Minnesota (where the high was 2 degrees today...brrrr!) and D.C..

I knew that this wonderful visit would have to eventually come to an end, but I was in a bit of denial that their leaving would happen so quickly. As I arrived back in my home after the airport run, I realized that this once noise-filled house would now become quietly empty.

Although it was a whirlwind of constant activity, we had a wonderful time together. Some of it seemed almost a blur as so many friends came by to visit my newest family member and see my kids again. He was, of course, precious and adorable as he was passed from person to person and oohed and ahhed endlessly. This was his third "come and meet me" get together in the last two weeks, so he knew the "drill" and acted accordingly. : )

Tons of pictures were taken during their visit and I promise that I will be posting many of them in the next few days. But for now, I am going to take this very tired Grammie and go and sift through the wonderfully joyous memories of being surrounded by my family these last few days...

My dear Owen, tonight you will be finally going to sleep in your very own crib back home in Minnesota...

As I looked at the picture of you deeply asleep in my bed today, I thought of your sweet face as you will be back home with your mommy and daddy tonight...

I miss you so much.

Sweet dreams my little angel.

No comments: