Monday, February 12, 2007

By now I have probably lost most of my male readers...(sorry)

but, the hunt for the perfect dress continues.

I spent several hours in Saks Fifth Avenue trying on a variety of dresses for my upcoming black tie affair.

By the time that I had tried on about 5 of the dresses I had amassed a little group of onlookers: three salesgirls (it was a slow day at Saks!), two other shoppers, and an alterations lady.

They were bluntly honest with me and gave me a thumbs up or down with each outfit. I started entertaining them as I walked down the "runway" hallway in the middle of the dress section. Each dress brought a different response from laughter to "oooohs". (more laughter than "oooohs, I might add!)

About an hour later, I was still trying on and as confused as ever. My "crowd" was starting to have different opinions and this was not good for my decision-making.

The alterations lady only liked the ones that were "fun". One of the salesgirl's disagreed with her and liked me in the more serious ones. I just wanted a dress that I could zip up comfortably!

At this point my hair was starting to stand on end from all of the static released from pulling the dresses up over my head. This was really attractive (!) as you can imagine.

I continued with this little fashion show until I finally needed to just make a decision.

Which I did.

I left with two possibilities...one that I took home and one that is being sent from another store and mailed to me in my size.

I'm still not sure if I have found "THE DRESS", but it is a start.

I will put these on at home with the proper shoes and see how they look away from the store.

And, if I don't like how they look, I will just have to head out to another store tomorrow....

and start the process all over again... : O

3 comments:

Joseph J. Tomaino said...

Good Luck on the hunt for the dress. You might be interested in my eBook on Black Tie Affairs...would love to get your feedback on it. Check it out at http://www.blacktieaffair.info
Thanks, Joe

Moobear said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better. I am sure you will find the perfect dress! If it helps any, I always love black. I still have the dream of being slim again and wearing a long black dress with a slit up the leg, gotta have a slit- on a cruise ship. (Remember here, tis only a dream) Good luck in your choice my friend!

Bert Bananas said...

I say let Owen pick...