Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My Little Prince

I think that one of the nicest moments that I shared with my grandson was early yesterday morning.

Adam and Jenny went back to sleep as I happily took over the "baby duties".

The house was quite chilly as Owen and I quietly slipped downstairs to be by ourselves.

I got the fireplace going so we could feel the warmth of the flames as I got us situated on the rug on the den floor. Holding him in my arms and staring at the dancing blaze together, I felt contentedly at peace. He made his cute little cooing noises and flailed his arms and legs with joy.

Laying him on his back we both studied each other. I saw little bits of Adam in his expressions...and definite features of Jenny in his precious face. He looked like he wanted to tell me something as the little noises came up from his throat in little high pitched sounds. Then he would absolutely melt my heart as he would smile with pure delight.

As most baby's do, Owen takes in everything that is going on around him. He especially loves bright colors and seems mesmerized by people's faces. His beautiful gray-blue eyes focus on all of the distractions that are out there in our world. Oh, to know what he is thinking as he takes it all in!

I read him some of the new picture books that he had received, put him in the play toy for a while where he explored all of the surrounding sounds and textures, gave him some "tummy time" on the quilt that Jenny had packed, and sang softly in his ear as he again sat on my lap. Heaven.

What a wonderful time of sharing with this lovable creature that has made his way into the deepest part of my heart and soul. Because he is so young, he most likely will not have any recollection of this morning spent with his Grammie....but I will smile and remember it forever.

I am sure that I will tell him all about it someday when he has grown up and can comprehend what I am saying.

Thank you for these sweet moments, Owen.

: )

No comments: