Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tuesday

Billy Joel still has it!

Dave and I heard Billy Joel sing live last night and he was truly incredible. He belted out his songs for 2 1/2 hours non-stop while playing either the piano, guitar or harmonica. What a musical genius. For a 57 year old man he was extremely energetic as he seemingly couldn't keep his body from following along with the bouncy rhythms of his songs. The show ended with "The Piano Man" with most of the audience singing along. It was a great show and he made a believer out of me.

I got up this beautiful Tuesday morning and headed out for my usual walk. The temperature was perfect for a brisk walk....somewhere in the 50's with a lot of sunshine. It is even supposed to get up to 70 by this afternoon as we begin a gradual warm up here. Normally this would be a great day for some nice deep breathing as I walk through my neighborhood.... But, unfortunately, today is also "garbage day" and I ended up walking right behind a huge garbage truck as I headed down the long stretch of road. So, I was right in the path for the nasty odors emanating from the truck. yuck.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to meet with my accountant to see just how much money I will have to dish out to Uncle Sam. It certainly is not on my list of favorite things to do...but it is a necessary evil I'm afraid. It seems that as soon as I get all of my paperwork done for one year, I am already up to my knees in new 2007 paperwork. Neverending.

Adam and Jenny both flew back to Minnesota this weekend from being out of town. They were greeted with tons of snow upon their return. From the looks of things, snow is in their forecast for the whole week. Bundle up time! When Owen gets older I bet that he will learn to love playing in the snow. I still have memories of living in Long Island as a little girl and having so much fun after a good snow. Moving to South Florida when I was seven years old put an end to that wonderfully frozen white stuff. Instead I learned to swim and enjoy the beautiful white sand beaches.

Well, down to my studio to get some pottery painted! Have a good day and try not to walk behind any garbage trucks.... : )

No comments: