Wednesday, March 21, 2007

"Hiss"y Fit!

It was exhausting!!

Today was Gizmo, the cat's, annual check-up appointment at the veterinarian's office.

Generally a pretty docile creature, today she hissed, kicked, growled, and scratched her way throught it all. She pretty much stayed in a constant state of agitation...

You can't blame the old gal, they examined her, poked, prodded, weighed her, drew blood, did a urinalysis, measured her blood pressure, clipped her nails, and then swabbed her in alcohol and gave her a series of shots...!

This annual check up is a necessary evil, but, of course, she doesn't understand that. As soon as I put her in her travel box--she knows something is up and begins to cry.

Since Giz is almost 18 in cat years (approximately 126 in human years!), she has to have the "Senior Wellness" exam and it's not much fun. With her failing kidneys (not unusual in older cats), the doctor said that she might make it a couple more years if we are lucky... Yikes. I can't even imagine life without Gizmo. She has been my loyal companion all these years and has seen me through good times as well as bad. Any fellow "pet lovers" out there can understand, I'm sure. So, I am not going to think about that for now. : (

As I got ready to check out at the vet's, they handed me my bill for the morning visit...WOW!

Guess who's having the "hissy fit" now! : 0

No comments: