Monday, March 19, 2007

Lady Luck?

True story from yesterday:

"I'm sorry, honey, but you are going to have to get up," Dave suddenly said while playing video poker on the computer.

"Huh?" I replied to his ambiguous request.

"Ever since you sat down on the couch beside me I have lost every hand," he said.

"Oh, I see," I laughingly responded... waiting to see if he was joking.

"Really, I mean it," he again replied.

"Ooooookay," I reacted with a touch (!!) of sarcasm. "I certainly wouldn't want to bring any bad karma to your poker game."....so I got up and left the room making sure to take my "negative poker vibes" with me! : O

Several minutes later I heard my name being called out as he said: "OK, baby, you can come back now, I just lost the game."

"Oh?" I said feigning interest as I went about my business.

(Silence.)

Now I know that you women out there will understand that I didn't exactly jump right back on the couch to be with him any time soon.

MEN! : )

1 comment:

Bert Bananas said...

Superstitions... Don't get me started. Women can be just as "bad."