Saturday, March 17, 2007

Morning Musings...

...as I sat eating my bowl of Multi-Grain Cheerios this morning, (General Mills, of course, since Adam and Jenny are both employed there!) my thoughts went to the day ahead of me.

My girlfriend's black tie wedding is tonight at 7 and I am so looking forward to seeing her beautiful daughter walk down that aisle. I still remember her as a little girl....and now she is a 30 year old young woman...

I went and had my nails and toes painted a fun red color already this morning and they are looking quite festive.

Later on, I will spend way over an hour getting all "dolled up"...while Dave will take approximately 5 minutes to get his tuxedo on! Men have no idea what is involved when a woman gets dressed up for an evening out...

I also thought about the weather. From a high of nearly 80 on Wednesday, we have now dipped down into the low 40's today. Just when you thought it was safe to put those winter things away....

And, then there is "March Madness". My kids always do a family bracket challenge and this year is no different. We each sign up with our own nickname (I am "Three-point Grammie" this year!!) and put in our team choices. I started out strong...but, have quickly fallen behind. Owen even has an entry this year under the name, "Dribbling and Drooling"! It is a lot of fun and makes the games more interesting to watch. The winner gets the grand prize of "bragging rights" until next year.

I try not to get too political on my blog, but this editorial cartoon from today's paper caught my eye and I am going to post it. It pretty much sums up how I feel about this ongoing war....

Have a nice day fellow bloggers and I will have wedding details tomorrow if I'm not too bleary-eyed!

2 comments:

Bert Bananas said...

1. Did you catch the bouquet?

2. As you were writing this post, did you think about the bouquet toss?

L. said...

nah...but I did 'graze' at the chocolate table. : )