Thursday, May 24, 2007

"Tomorrow, Tomorrow..."

At 6:40 A.M. tomorrow, one happy Grammie will be on her way to Minneapolis!

I have a full day of organizing and packing ahead...and, preparing myself for Gizmo's sulking as she sees me getting out the dreaded red suitcase again.

Upon arrival, I am going to head straight for Owen's Day Care where I will get to spend time with him until his mom and dad get off work at noon. I will be armed with some new children's books as well as some home-baked cookies as my way of saying "thank you" to his wonderful day care teachers. I can't wait to get re-acquainted with my grandson... : )

On another note, I thought that the Idol Show was very entertaining last night. Jordin came out the expected winner and belted out that syrupy finale song beautifully.

I loved seeing the past Idol winners, especially our two Birmingham boys: Reuben and Taylor. While I have always been a fan of Kelly Clarkson's, I didn't love the "gritty rock song" that she angrily belted out at the beginning of the show. But, the gentle singing of Carrie Underwood relaxed things again for me. All in all, it was an enjoyable show and I will miss my Tuesday and Wednesday night fix of American Idol...

I'm off to get my day started, but will end by posting a couple of pictures of Aunt Janet, Uncle Jeffrey and sweet Owen from their last visit two weeks ago. I, of course, will be taking millions of new pictures (what a surprise!?!) once I arrive in MN.....so, stay tuned. I will be heading back to Bham on Tuesday afternoon...

Have a nice holiday weekend everyone...and be safe.

xoxo Grammie

2 comments:

Moobear said...

Hi Grammie!
I have been busy and have not gotten to catch up on my blog reading. I hope you have a safe trip and I know you will have a
wonderful time with Owen. Enjoy every minute and remember we want
pictures and of course complete
details. :P~
I was happy for Jordin! She is an amazing 17-year-old.
Stay safe and take care my friend!

Beverly said...

I'm a first-time grammy too. You sound like you're farther away from yours than I am. Mine granddaughter is in Virginai. I'm in Florida. The path is getting very well worn.

I saw your comment over at kenju.