Monday, May 21, 2007

The Varsity

All of that fish watching made us all hungry so we headed to an Atlanta landmark, The Varsity.

This drive-in "greasy spoon" restaurant has been around since 1928 and is one of those "must go to" places while visiting the city.

The menu is filled with such culinary delights (!?!) as chili cheese dogs, bar-b-que pork, a variety of hamburgers, french fries and big ole onion rings.

For the health conscious (me) they now offer grilled chicken sandwiches amongst other things. But I didn't get away without ordering some of their yummy french fries that I doused in ketchup while enjoying every greasy bite!

I picked up some of the Varsity hats for the group and, we, of course took some pictures...

3 comments:

Bert Bananas said...

I have Lewis Grizzard's "Chili Dawgs Always Bark at Night" by my bed for when I need about five minutes of really nice reading to finish composing myself for sleep. The Chili Dawgs in the title are from The Varsity. Pretty much everything I know about the South I learned from Lewis, you and Even-Handed Hope. Weird, huh?

L. said...

Glad to know that I am helping in your Southern "Ed-you-kay-shun"!

I am also a Lewis Grizzard fan....he died way too young, but left a legacy of humor behind.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?!
: )

Clara....in TN said...

Sounds like a fun week-end to me. We have an aquarium like that in Gatlinburg. I love that place!