Wednesday, May 30, 2007

where to begin....

There is something so uniquely special about being a grandmother and that makes it so hard to put into the proper words. Actually, I am not sure that there are adequate words...

Maybe it is the fact that you are seeing "your baby's baby" and that just gets to you right in your heart..or possibly it is just the fact that this new little creature is now a part of your growing family...

Whatever it is...it has affected me in such a profound way. I am sure that any of my blogger friends out there that are grandparent's can relate.

I found myself just staring at him as he attempted to make his way around his environment on his own. At mealtime, just watching his little fingers pick up the soggy Cheerio's one morning was enough entertainment for a good half hour. As he "gummed" them and made his cute little noises I found myself transformed into another time when I, too, was a new mom watching my own babies. He ended up with Cheerio's stuck everywhere...but this didn't seem to bother him at all as he just kept searching for more of these little circular treasures on his high chair tray.

I relished watching him drink from his little "sippy cup" on his own. Many times he would enthusiastically shake it up and down and drench himself in the contents of the cup. Of course, this all tickled him to no end!

Owen laughs so much now and that is so contagious. It isn't just a little giggle...it is a hearty expression of pure joy! How can one feel out of sorts when this is going on around you??? I just wish that I could have bottled it and taken it home with me.

: )

2 comments:

Moobear said...

I enjoyed seeing all the pictures and Owen is really growing and seemed to be so happy having Grammie feeding him! I am glad you are home and I do hope all will be ok with your dad. I know it won't be too long before you will be going for another visit. :)
Have a great evening Grammie!

L. said...

Hi Moo...thanks for your comments!
My Dad seems to be doing much better, thanks.

I will be with the kids again in July....so I will start counting the days again.

I hope that you are doing well! I have been catching up with your blog....

xoxo