Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Beam me up, Scotty", port-a-lets... and other rants

I go through this every time I leave town.

What to take, what not to take?

Packing can take a lot of the joy of traveling out of a person.

Oh, to just be able to be beamed up to New York already!

This is going to be quite a family get-together. I am already practicing my deep breathing techniques just in case the need arises. My favorite is "nostril breathing". Here is how it is done: Cover up one side of the nose. Breathe in deeply through the other. Switch and cover up the other side. Exhale slowly. Reverse and repeat. : )

There are going to be eighteen people sleeping in a five bedroom house...and another 11 staying in nearby accomodations. Blow up beds are being inflated...tents are being set up outside...all in preparation for this family onslaught!

Truth be told, it isn't the sleeping part that is of concern for me....it is the bathroom situation. There is one powder room downstairs and only two bathrooms upstairs...one of them being part of the master bedroom.

Now, that makes for some interesting dynamics.

I hear that my sister is posting some "bathroom rules and regulations" and time limits. I can only imagine....

Someone jokingly suggested getting some port-a-lets and setting them up outside.

I actually thought that was a good idea.

No comments: