Thursday, July 19, 2007

Confessions of a chocoholic...

Good news: I bought several types of candy that I knew Adam would enjoy during his short visit here.

Bad news: I ate all of the chocolate Raisinetts before he had a chance to have any. In fact, I began eating them before he even arrived.

I can't help myself.

You know I have realized at this ripe old age of 58 that as long as the chocolate is out of the house I can do fine. But, the minute that there is a bag, box, piece--whatever-- of that wonderfully rich, creamy, delectable milk chocolate around...it is not safe.

I must have gone to the pantry several times a day this week...taken a handful of the chocolate covered raisins....devoured them....and then returned for more. Each time I would admonish myself and make a deal that "this is going to be my last handful" as I close up the bag....and shut the pantry door. Sometimes I even count them out and promise myself that I will only eat 10 more....

It never works...

Inevitably, I return for "just one more" little bit. And then there is always the issue, does a double Raisinett count as one or two? And do two small ones equal one larger one?

My craving got so bad one night last week that I scoured the house for any kind of chocolate that I could find. Finally I discovered a box of white chocolate baking squares! I took out one big chunk of this baking chocolate and cut away little slivers one by one until the entire piece was gone...ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I truly believe that I am addicted to the stuff. The more chocolate that I eat, the more that I crave. I am sure that there is some scientific reason for all of this...but, who cares? I admit it...I just love chocolate.

I may have to start a new group: CCA--Chocolate Cravers Anonymous...anyone care to join me?

Of course we would serve refreshments at our meetings....you know....M and M's and Raisinetts. : )

2 comments:

Bert Bananas said...

Oh man! Have you tried the Costco chocolate covered raisins?

L. said...

Costco choco-covered raisins?? Been there, devoured that.

: )