Sunday, July 01, 2007

He turned me down...

I invited Dave to be my "guest blogger" for today.

He just laughed.

I pursued the idea some more.

He just laughed and said "I'm not a blogger".

One more try...but, he turned me down again.

So, it looks like it is business as usual as I am here on my own again. And, I thought that it was such a good idea to give him this once-in-a -lifetime opportunity! (ha)

Not really much going on here today...just being kind of lazy...reading the Sunday paper....watching television...eating things that don't take too much effort.

It is actually too hot to do much of anything else. "How hot is it?" It is so hot that I even put crushed ice in Gizmo's water bowl today and she is lapping it up like it is the best thing ever.

Still no rain our way, even though the entire state is still participating in a "rain prayer" as mandated by our esteemed Governor, Bob Riley.

Princess Diana's two son's have put together an incredible "birthday" gift to honor their mom. It is a wonderful concert taking place in London. My favorites so far were Josh Groban, Sara Brightman and Andrea Bocelli singing songs from "Phantom", Donny Osmond and other "Joseph's" singing from "Joseph and The Technicolor Dream Coat", and, finally, Rod Stewart....old as dirt but energetic and crazy as ever!

As I am writing this I can smell the wonderful aroma of the pork roast that Dave and I are slow cooking in the oven. He made a dry rub for it...I couldn't tell you exactly what he put in...but, it smells divine. When it is finished we will pull it into strips, put it on a bun and and pour some of Dave's homemade killer bar-b-que sauce on it. Mmmmmmmm.

As I get ready to sign off for today, I have to tell you that it is actually starting to rumble a bit outside. Thunder? Rain?

Maybe the prayers are working!?!

Stay tuned... : )

No comments: