Monday, August 20, 2007

The Cherry Tomato Caper

First, I was asked to babysit a bicycle.

Next, Dave asked me to take care of his tomato plants....which I have diligently done.

Even though it has been so dry here, I have managed to keep these three plants watered.

The yield of cherry tomatoes, however, has been slim to none. We have removed and eaten only a paltry handful of tomatoes so far...when instead we should be overflowing with these little red morsels.

So, "Where have all the flowers tomatoes gone?" we asked.

This morning, the answer became very clear.

Camera in hand, I managed to catch the culprit along with the evidence.

For the answer....see below.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bert Bananas said...

You have a future in crime detection! What do you bet this chipmunk is currently out on Workers Comp disability. Too bad you couldn't have gotten any footage of him racing around like a ... chipmunk.

Beverly said...

I had never seen a chipmunk until my son and I drove to PA to visit Penn State. We went to some caverns and along the walk we saw a bunch of them. David was sure that he wanted one for a pet.

GClef1970 said...

Awwww, I miss chipmunks!! :-)
(even cherry tomato-stealing ones)