Monday, August 27, 2007

Looking back...

On September 1, 2006, a little 7 pound, 13 ounce miracle occurred in my family.

My first grandson, Owen, came into the world kicking and screaming much to the whole family's delight.

As I get ready to fly to Minnesota this Thursday (!!!) to be a part of his first birthday celebration, my mind is going back to those moments just a year ago...as I reminisce and smile...

For those of you who have taken this journey with me through my blog, I hope that you won't mind looking back with me as I recall the incredibly joyous (and overwhelming) feelings of becoming a first time Grammie!

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Were you there that very day? As soon as Ella was born, I made reservations and flew up to Virginia. Yes, my ticket was expensive, but worth every dollar!

Enjoy, enjoy. I know you know there's nothing like it. I will look forward to your first-hand reports.

L. said...

Hi Beverly. Jenny's mom was there for the actual birth....I was there the next day...and then the two grandma's stayed there together for two weeks! : ) It was so wonderful in that the two of us have become best of friends ever since our children married 9 years ago....so it was nice to share in this joyous time together.

Moobear said...

Hi Grammie!!

I hope you have a safe, fun trip and do all the hugging a grammie should do. I am so happy for you and just hope you have a great time with Owen and the family! Take care.

Clara....in TN said...

You just keep the pictures and stories coming about Owen. As one Grammie to another....Now why would we EVER get tired of talking about our grand blessings????? Clara
P.S. Thanks for the words about my cat! I have missed him today!!!