Thursday, August 09, 2007

One hundred and what?????????

I am sure that the people in my neighborhood were stunned.

If I had any less clothing on this morning for my walk, I would have been "nekked" (as we say here in the South).

Even though I got up early and walked, it was already in the 80's by 7:30 and is forecast to hit 104 by this afternoon.

Dave and I are invited to a black tie, outdoor wedding this weekend in Atlanta.... I will be sure and pack a portable resuscitator.

agh!

I hope that it is a bit cooler where you are... : [

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Right now it's ONLY 90 here in Bradenton. It's 99 up in Waynesboro VA where my son and Ella live. Yesterday on the way down I-95, the temperatures ranged between 96 and 100 on the thermometer in the car.

When we got into Manatee County, it was 92. I guess we can be thankful for low 90's. Good look on the wedding. Maybe there will be a break by then. I feel for the bride...and everyone else.

Bert Bananas said...

Living in California's "High Desert" we have a lot of summer days in the 100s. But please don't tell Al Gore that this has been a very moderate summer. We went three days, Sunday, Monday & Tuesday, without having to turn on the A/C. And it's a dry heat, not that muggy crap I endured in Asbury Park, N.J.

I simply wouldn't go to the wedding if it were too hot. It's not like the success of the marriage depends on how the wedding went...

Moobear said...

Hey Grammie,
It is hot here too, the little weather girl I have on my blog showed 106 yesterday afternoon. As I was coming home from getting my hair done the SUV temp thingy got to 108. But officially for here according to the weather service yesterday was 109. I would image Atlanta will be hot, although it is suppose to drop to the 90's over the weekend, so just be extra careful. Have a fun weekend!