Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Weekend

After checking in to the Stone Mountain Resort, we were told that our room was on the fourth floor. Grabbing our small bags, we headed to the elevator and punched #4.

We waited.

...and waited...

...all to no avail.

So, I hit the #4 again and Dave held down the "close door" arrow button.

Again, we waited.

At this point we were starting to lose patience with this elevator that wouldn't let us get to the fourth floor and our room.

One more try....but, the doors wouldn't close and the elevator refused to go anywhere.

Suddenly, we noticed the sign outside of the elevator stating that we were, indeed, already on the fourth floor.

The lobby and check-in desk were actually on the fourth floor but we entered on the high level area of the resort and were unaware of this.

So, feeling a bit foolish, we made our way right down the hallway to our room.

The wedding was absolutely lovely and the groom couldn't keep his eyes off of his stunning bride as they giggled and kissed. They seemed so young to me...and then I realized that they are young compared to me. (That's always a downer relevation that occurs more and more these days!)

Outside, the temperatures were oppressive...but we were inside (thanks to the last minute decision by the parents of the couple) relaxed and comfortable in the cool air-conditioned ballroom.

The reception was fun as we ate, drank and danced the night away...awakening this morning to a lovely brunch that we helped host along with other friends.

Full of good food...but with sore tootsies from all that dancing in heels (me, not Dave!)...we headed back to Bham.

Coming home with the expectation of seeing Gizmo there to greet us hit me hard. I know that I will get used to it.....

...eventually. : (

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I would have felt rather foolish, as well. I'm so glad you had a good weekend with your friends.

Are you going to get another kitty? Or is it too soon? After my cat died, I decided not to get another one because I go back and forth to Virginia so much to see Ella. Whenever I need a kitty fix, I go to my daughter's house and I visit with her two boys (cats, that is.)

L. said...

Hi Beverly...No, as much as I would love another kitty, I can't even think about it right now. My thinking is much the same as yours in that I am spending so much more time traveling now... and it would just be unfair to bring another pet in right now.

I loved the picture of Ella and her daddy on your blog today! What a cutie!