Sunday, August 19, 2007

"You watched WHAT?!"

The latest craze among 6 to 14 year olds* is the "High School Musical" series, Part One and, the recently released, Part Two.

The sequel was so widely (and wildly!) popular that it debuted as the "most watched event ever broadcast on basic cable" as 17.2 million people tuned in to view this show Friday night.

....*6 to 14 year olds.... AND one just-about-to-turn-59 year old Grammie! (I can hear my grown kids groaning all the way down here in Alabama) : I

Having heard so much about this, I decided to see what all the excitement was about, and turned on to the Disney channel yesterday to watch a little of High School Musical 1.

Two hours later I was tapping my toes and humming along with the catchy songs as I realized that I had watched the entire show!

The boy and girl leads reminded me so much of a young, and more hip, Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello...(Boy, am I dating myself!) This talented duo (Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens) have become overnight idols among the teeny boppers...and aging Boomers.

What can I say?

I guess that I am just a kid at heart.

: )

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I haven't seen it, but I want to. I am probably going to go see Hairspray tomorrow. A group of us went to see "Becoming Jane" on Saturday. I liked that a lot.

GClef1970 said...

Okay, I'm not that old but I loved Annette and Jimmy on the Mickey Mouse Club. So, there. Feel younger? :-)