Wednesday, September 26, 2007

So now that I have the DVR box....what do I do with it?

I consider myself a fairly bright woman.

I am a college graduate, after all.

I have lived and experienced 59 years of life and collected bits of wisdom along the way...

But, I am transposed into a blathering idiot when it comes to some things pertaining to my television.

Backing up a bit....

My wonderful children decided to give me 6 months of DVR service through Charter cable for my birthday this year.

They know that when I am down in the dungeon studio working on my clay I enjoy having the television on. I am always taping a millions shows on my VCR to watch and this new DVR should make all of that so simple and easy.

HA!

As I sat down to read through the 42 page guide, I found myself totally confused from page one on.

The first thing was trying to figure out exactly how to set up this, seemingly innocuous, box. Those instructions were somehow left out of the "guide" so I had to go online to find these separately. But, this wasn't any help to me at all so I figured that I would wait for Dave to return from his business trip and beg let him set it up.

I then turned my attention to all of the miraculous things that this new little toy could do. I was amazed that I would now be able to watch two live programs at once....pause a live program for up to an hour and then view it when I am ready....or rewind it and watch it again.....do slow motion if I wanted....record and playback programs....set a program guide to continue to record the same programs every day for future viewing...record up to 77 hours of programming, etc. etc.

I doubt that I will ever be able to actually do all of these wonderful things that it promises to perform....

but, it is nice to know that it can.

: )

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Good luck. I'm fairly smart, but I don't tackle that stuff. I have a good friend who works for Verizon, and he does computer work after hours. (and other stuff) If he were close by, I'd have him come over and help you, but I guess you'll have to figure it out yourself. have fun.

I don't have a DVR. I guess I'll be challenged in that area.