Wednesday, October 24, 2007

the pooped potter... : )

I just rinsed out my paintbrushes and stopped working for the night. **yawn**

I have been sitting in my downstairs dungeon studio almost all day trying to get the last few pieces of pottery ready for a Show next Saturday and Sunday.

The only times that I got up were to eat, shower, and run over to a friend's house to see some jewelry from a wonderfully talented woman from Atlanta. I needed the break...and it was great to see some of the "Atlanta Girls" as well as the gorgeous necklaces. I didn't buy anything, but so admire her work.

Back home, I got back to work... and then decided to write a quick post before I take this weary body to bed.

Most people don't realize how much time goes into making a hand-crafted piece of pottery. It probably doesn't help that I am a stickler for details perfection .....so that even adds more to my working hours. But, I get such a great feeling when I finish a piece and really like it. It is very satisfying.

This "traveling lady" (me) is going to be heading out again next Tuesday through Friday as I head to the mountains to celebrate a very close girlfriend's 60th birthday with the "Girlies"....more on that later....but, that is why I am having this deadline to get these last few pieces done before I leave town.

I am determined to get all of the pieces fired and glazed before Monday.

Tomorrow is going to be another l-o-n-g day....so on that note I will say, "good night"!

: )

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I read your other post first...no wonder you're frazzled.