Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A wedding weekend....on the road again....

Tomorrow Dave and I are off to St. Simons Island.

My dear friend's son is going to be getting married there...and it should prove to be a wonderful weekend!

Everything that they have done in the past has turned out to be such fun, so I am really looking forward to celebrating with them. There will be lots of dancing, drinking and great eating I am sure...and that is the good news.

Unfortunately, it is a seven and a half hour drive from Birmingham so we will be heading out first thing in the morning in order to get there in time for the first party, Thursday night.

I have already packed some books on tape as well as some good music in preparation for the long drive. I am sure that Dave will be listening to his favorite talk radio shows so these book tapes and cd's will help to keep me occupied. He and I have very different tastes when it comes to some things--for example, his views tend to be very conservative (but he calls himself a "moderate")...while I tend to be a bit more liberal (I call myself "open-minded" ha ha). We have agreed to disagree and pretty much avoid discussions of a "political" nature if we can help it!!

They say that "opposites attract"...and tomorrow's long drive may be a good test of that.

Stay tuned...

I'll try to write from the Island if I can....

xoxo

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I've read Eugenia Price's novels that are set on St. Simon's Island, but I've never been there.

I hope your survived the car ride.