Sunday, November 11, 2007

Flamingos, Palm Trees, and Sunshine

I'm still down here in South Florida with my family....

The beginning of my journey home started out with a bit of excitement. As the plane began to take off we suddenly slowed down... and then came to a dead stop as the pilot announced first that the take-off had to be aborted, and secondly, asked if there were any medical personnel aboard.

A man and a woman raced to the back of the plane to assist a young woman who was having heart palpitations and trouble breathing. The plane returned to the gate and the paramedics came aboard to help the woman off. It turns out that she was on diet pills and hadn't eaten (?) and was having issues because of that.

Once we were assured that she was going to be okay and that the drama was over, the plane got back in the line-up for take-off...and I was now homeward bound.

I'm always so amazed at the flatness of South Florida. I guess that I am just so used to the hilly landscape of Birmingham.

There is a different kind of beauty down here...the flowers are still in full bloom and thriving while in Birmingham everything flowering is beginning to wither from the cooler temperatures. The greenery is still "green" and lush here as the vegetation basks in the warm sunshine...while back in Bham the leaves are beginning to turn glorious colors as Fall has arrived.

The party for my mom was absolutely lovely (pictures to come when I get back home this week)and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

More on that later as I have just been told that "Desperate Housewives" is getting ready to start (!!) so I am going to end for now.

Hey, we all have our priorities ya know.... : O

No comments: