Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I am grateful....

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." William Arthur Ward

When I woke up this morning, I felt wonderful.

Before jumping out of bed to get my day started, I smiled as I realized that starting tonight, my many blessings will be arriving.

Sometimes in the frenetic preparation for the holidays, we tend to lose sight of the most important parts of getting together.

It won't be about the food we eat.

It's not really about the upcoming weather reports.

It won't have anything to do with the clothing that we pack to wear.

This Thanksgiving I am filled with so much gratitude.

I am grateful for all of life's big things, but especially today, I am stopping and making myself aware of all of the smaller, less noticed things.

The autumn beauty surrounds me as the leaves have turned brilliant with color.

Having just returned home after spending several wonderful days in Florida with my aging, but healthy, parents...

I am in a house that I love as it feels like a warm hug every time I come home.

I have candles burning with the delicious smells of tangerine, cloves, oranges, and lavender wafting through the rooms.

As I sit here typing I can see the birds outside enjoying the delicacies that I have put in the feeder.

The sun is shining brilliantly and the sky is clear and blue.

My morning walks still give me a sense of peace and harmony as I start each day with one.

Yes, today I am filled with so much gratitude.

For the next few days I will be savoring every moment spent with my wonderful family as they all head home to spend the holidays here in Birmingham.

I am grateful that Dave and I will be sharing another Thanksgiving together.

I will joyfully watch my grandson taking his cautious and wobbly steps as he begins to explore the new world of walking.

I am continually aware and appreciative of my wonderful "family" of long-time friends that I have here in Birmingham.

I will be able to see the deep love that we all have for each other reflected in the beautiful faces that will be surrounding me this Thanksgiving.

I know that I will want time to move very slowly so that I can savor every moment...

I want to remember to always take the time to count all of the many blessings ahead of me...and, I hope that you are counting yours too.

Happy (and grateful) Thanksgiving to all of my blogging friends.

Peace and love,

Grammie

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I, too, was lying in bed this morning thinking about all the things, so many things, I have to be thankful for, as well.

I intend to get them into a post before the day is out.