Friday, November 02, 2007

Journey...

(back row: Peggy, Sharon [the birthday girl!], Sherri, Carole, front row: Joycie, Carol, and me)

Home.

Exhausted.

Filled with emotion.

Reflection, self-analysis, soul searching.

I'm not quite sure how to put it all into the right words yet.

Seven women together for 24 hours a day for 3 wonderful days....what a journey.

Celebrating my dear friend's 60 years of life on this earth... (Where has the time gone?)

I know that other women reading this can understand what I mean when I say that these precious times that we spend with our closest girlfriends can be so deep and meaningful.

Non-stop talking.

...listening.

Introspection.

Laughter and silliness.

...and, more laughter.

Crying together.

Sharing.

Breathing.

Continuous eating.

Scrabble.

Boggle.

Toasting.

Friendship.

Heart-searching..

Lessons to be learned.

Seeing yourself reflected in the beautiful faces of these women who have been there with you on your journey.

Recognizing each other's moments of pain and hardship.

Cheering each others triumphs.

All the while, searching for our own place in this craziness of life...and, if we are lucky, finding that soft place to land.

Reality hits.

...as we each head home.....

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I love your posts and how you express your thoughts. How wonderful to have these ladies as friends.

L. said...

Thank you so much, Beverly...

You are such a loyal "comment person" and I look forward to your thoughts always...

: )

Beverly said...

I bet you had fun. It is always a blessing to have such good friends and the time to spend with them. Your words show that you are a very thoughtful, caring friend. From experience, I know the birthday girl had a memorable 60th with all her friends.