Thursday, November 15, 2007

Now I can begin thinking about Turkey Day....

As I sat here washing down my "holiday" (it is holiday time, right?) peanut M and M's with a diet/caffeine free coke (!!) I began to think about Thanksgiving.

The kids, my sister, Jenny's mom and dad and, Owen, of course will be arriving starting next Tuesday evening...and to say that I can't wait would be a total understatement.

Up until today I have either been out of town or involved in my pottery or teaching to really give it the thought that it deserved....but, now I am ready to go into action....

That basically means buying a huge turkey, stuffing essentials, sweet potatoes, a few vegetables and thousands and thousands of munchies, snack foods, sodas and wine for all of the sitting around that we will be doing. We will probably have tv's showing all of the football that one could possible wish for....and, I am sure that I will bring out some of our board games to play....but, most of the time we will just be talking and talking...most likely about all the rest of the family who are not here. : O

What a great holiday! : )

No comments: