Saturday, November 17, 2007

...ya gotta laugh.....

....As the T'giving holiday week gets ready to unfold, many of us will be having a houseful of guests.

Having all of those relatives and/or friends under one roof in such close quarters can be wonderfully fun....as well as exhausting for the host.

I actually think that the preparation is the harder part. I have now been to Target, Costco, Sam's, and Publix numerous times in the last two days trying to stock up....and I am sure that I will be returning to them all several times next week. I am not sure exactly when we are all going to eat all of this food that I have been purchasing....but, it is there for the taking. I have already "warned" my guests to "come hungry"!!

For some reason when my kids come home, I always think "candy"....so I fill the pantry with everything from red licorice to chocolate covered raisins.

In all honesty,the raisins are mostly for Judy (Jenny's mom) and I. We have a history with these delectable morsels. When Adam and Jenny gave birth to Owen last September, the two mom's were invited up together to help out with things.(We adore each other and Jenny was brave enough to let us both come at the same time!)

Part of our duties included going out and doing some shopping. Totally wiped out one afternoon, we got our hands on a super-sized choco Raisinette container from Sam's. Within minutes we had that baby ripped open and we began to devour as many as we could at one time. We even poured some into a little box to take with us to the next store. I don't know if it was the "sugar high" or what....but we giggled the rest of the afternoon over our frantic consumption of chocolate covered raisins..

New for me this year is getting ready to have a toddler in the house. This house hasn't had small children in it for years and years....so preparations will need to be made. Things that are low will have to be removed....sharp corners will have to be bubble-wrapped...gates will need to be put up where there are stairs....and all of the exposed electrical outlets will need to be plugged up.

I have also gone and purchased wipees for sensitive bottoms (of course!), disposable bibs (what will they think of next?), diapers, mild detergent, toddler treats,...etc. etc. I have borrowed a high chair from Sharon and today Dave will put together the new Pack and Play in "Owen's bedroom". And, what kind of Grammie would I be without getting some toys?!?!? I am ready with some bright, colorful books to read to my grandson as well as balls, a truck and anything else that I can get my hands on between now and Tuesday.....!

I have so much to look forward to this coming week....

One of my favorite parts of having my boys and their wives home is when they all pile into my king-sized bed in my bedroom....curl up under the blanket and comforter....and watch tv together.

Of course, this year, there will be another little person to snuggle in the bed with us all---Owen!

I'm ready.

....are they here yet? : )

: )

2 comments:

Beverly said...

What "Owen" video oops(DVD) have you gotten? When you all pile in the bed the choice of what to see changes now!!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving, I might drive over for left-overs!!HaHa...

L. said...

You are right about what we now watch on the tv...we will have to be a bit more selective! : )

You are welcome to have some leftovers with us...come on over!

Have a lovely holiday, Beverly!!

xoxo