Monday, December 17, 2007

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

I am off again come Friday morning....early (6:00 a.m.!) Friday morning...

First stop will be D.C. to visit with my son, Jeffrey and his wife, Janet! I can't wait to see them both as we always have a great (and fun) time together! I was hoping for lots of a little snow while there...but right now it just looks like a cold rain...I will arrive in the morning...and Dave will get there late that night after putting in a full day of work.

From there we will head on up to Wilmington, DE to spend the Christmas week with Dave's family. I know that this will be a difficult time for all of them as it marks the first Christmas without Dave's sister, Kaye. Being all together will, hopefully, give them the strength to get through the sadness and find the joy in the spirit of the holiday.

I do believe in the strength and power of "family" and, the positive energy that it can bring during hard times....

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Have fun and stay warm. The first Christmas is hard. To my surprise, the second one was almost harder. The numbess had worn off by then...

I'm glad that you can be there and be a support to them.

Jana said...

Great trip and I hope you get to see some snow!!! I can send you pictures of what we have here if you want!!!
I don't know if you ever get over missing someone...my mom has been gone almost 5 years (in January) and every day something brings her to mind, makes me miss her again. Missing my dad always starts with something I couldn't talk to anyone else but him about, and that hasn't changed since he passed away.
The pain of the loss is tempered with the joy of knowing she's with Jesus and with Dad, but I still miss them all the same.
Meanwhile, safe trip, and congrats on the new grandbaby coming!!!