Sunday, December 16, 2007

Konnichiwa ! (Hello !)

O genki desu ka? (How are you?)

I am attempting to speak a little (very little!!) Japanese today because we had a delicious meal last night at Kobe'...a local Japanese restaurant.

You know, the kind where you sit behind a huge griddle and watch while your food is prepared right before your eyes.

It's truly entertaining to watch the chef showing off all of his fancy cooking techniques. As many times as I have done this in the past....it continues to amaze and delight me each time.

Our particular chef this night was more into trying to get us to catch the food in our mouths than he was in entertaining us. I was one of the victims participants, unfortunately. He shot the little ball of rice at my mouth and hit my forehead instead. But, this did not deter him as he tried to do this with others who sat at our table. My friend, Sharon, sitting next to me, ended up with pieces of rice all over her including a little in her hair.

We ended up here because our friends, Sharon and Gary, had received a $200 gift certificate and we were being called on to help them spend it...and, of course, this was our greatest pleasure! A wonderful meal and two bottles of wine later we were getting closer and closer to our $200 total expenditure...and having a lot of fun in the process! *hic* : O

We started out with a small bowl of miso soup...then salad...and then the cooking commenced. The fried rice was yummy...(especially after he stopped trying to shoot it into our mouths!!)...the stir fried veggies came next....and they were very good, too.

For my main meal, I ordered shrimp and scallops, Dave had lobster and beef, Gary had salmon and shrimp, and Sharon ordered chicken and beef. It was all cooked to perfection and very tasty....or "domo yoi" (very good)...and to our dear friends, I say: "Domo arigato!" (thank you very much!)

Well, that's all for now.... So, I will just say: "Sayonara" ...(good-bye) until tomorrow. : )

No comments: