Saturday, December 29, 2007

Off I went into the wild blue yonder.....

Last Friday...as the plane took off for Baltimore.....I had to get out my camera and snap this picture of the incredible pattern of clouds that were below us.

It was a smooth and relaxing flight there....unlike the return flight home yesterday!

Not being a great "flier", I cautiously listened to the weather reports for Alabama that afternoon. I was a bit concerned as I heard the words "possible thunderstorms", "tornadic activity", "severe levels", etc.

These are not the things that one wants to hear before strapping oneself into a seat on an airplane and getting ready to take off into the wild blue yonder.

Things were fine until we were about 25 minutes out of Birmingham. As we made our descent, the plane started "rockin' and "bumping"!

I looked at Dave sitting calmly beside me and said: "I don't like this!".

Expecting a "not to worry" response, I instead heard him say, "I don't like this either!". YIKES.

Well, the pilots did a great job and we landed safely in Bham filled only with memories of our week away in D.C. and Delaware.....

More to come....

2 comments:

Princess said...

Dropped by to wish you and family a healthy, prosperous, happy New Year, Grammie!

Princess
P.S. We're also expecting a new grandchild by June 23 EDA!

Beverly said...

I'm glad that you made it back safely. That reminds me of the flight to Richmond that Sarah and I made after Ella was born. We flew into TS Alberto. The pilot said in Atlanta when we got on the plane that it was raining in Richmond and it wasn't going to stop. Our landing was much like yours...like a jackhammer. Sarah, who doesn't like to fly, got so sick. She declared she wasn't flying home, but she did. With the help of drugs and wrist bands she made it home without getting sick.