Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Winter Packing Challenge

Here I am trying to get my huge suitcase under the 50 pound limit that Southwest Airlines has per item...

As soon as I remove an item, I find something else that must be packed. aargh!

(I've even begged Dave to include a few of my things in his luggage! He just laughs at me as he shakes his head and says that he will see what he can do. He isn't leaving until late in the afternoon so he has a little more time to work it all out!!)

I have to succeed in getting this suitcase to weigh less. It's a continual challenge that I must win or else I will be either paying a hefty overweight charge....or giving away clothing right there in the airport!

Winter travel is always a bit more difficult in that the clothing is quite bulky and so much heavier.

Once I get this feat accomplished, I will begin to check off things on my to-do list as I prepare to head North first thing tomorrow morning.

Three days in D.C. and then on to Delaware...finally heading down to Baltimore on Friday to return home to Birmingham!

In case I don't have a chance to blog until my return, I want to wish all of my blogging buddies a wonderfully spirited holiday week filled with lots of family, love and joy!! Be safe....stay warm.... and have a Merry Christmas!

xoxo

Grammie : )

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Oh, do have a good time in the cold. B-r-r-r. It's so beautiful here in Florida right now. The snow birds just absolutely love it.

I hate packing to go on a trip, especially by air. I'm going back up to Virginia, probably in February, so I can pack whatever warm clothes I have in my car.

Speaking of warm clothes, I don't have many.

Jana said...

How about this? Wear everything you want to take that way your suitcase won't weigh over 50 pounds! Have a great time and talk to you next year!!!

Beverly said...

Enjoy your trip!!!
Merry Christmas!!!
It is quite warm here in Memphis, but Santa will find us anyway...I think I've been good???